Maximum efficiency and safety for chemical products
As a general contractor, SSI SCHAEFER developed and realised a high bay racking system with approx. 10,000 pallet storage locations for Germany's leading chemicals distributor Brenntag AG.
It was not an everyday task, because the comprehensive contructional and technical specifications for handling chemical products had to be followed in addition to the requirements for efficient warehouse logistics; all as part of a 40 m high warehouse complex. Another important requirement regarding turnaround rate, pallet control and warehouse management originated from the core business of the company: The trend in the chemical industry towards customised products and the resulting small batch sizes, with ever tighter preparation times and storage of the relevant supplies.
- Reduce warehousing costs and personnel
- Better response options at peak times
- Increase delivery quality and faster delivery service
- Reduction in internal transport costs
- Centralise goods-in and good-out area
- High availability of articles
- Information and consulting
Just give us a call:
+49 (0) 2735 701We are going to help you!
- The project in detail
Our range of products and services:
- General contractor
- Creation of the logistics concept
- Design / approval / implementation planning
- Project management
- Turnkey installation (base plate for high-bay racking, complete front building with tunnel, roof and wall cladding, sprinkler system and HVAC)
- Pallet conveying technology
- Storage and retrieval devices
- Rack engineering
- Warehouse management and control system