FIEGE (Bosch tools)
European distribution of electrical tools and accessories
At the IDC Worms, the products of the Bosch "Power Tools" and "Lawn & Garden" ranges, including the corresponding accessories, are processed logistically and the micro-distribution of the approx. 16,000 different articles across Europe is implemented, as well as the worldwide macro-distribution to all regional Bosch warehouses. This requires roughly 750 employees.
SSI SCHAEFER Noell brings everything together at FIEGE
As a general contractor in logistics, SSI SCHAEFER Noell undertook the construction of a new logistics centre in Worms for electric tools, garden equipment and accessories for the Bosch product chain (including the brands Dremel, Bosch and Skil) for the FIEGE Group.
The objective: The cost-effective processing of the entire logistics for micro-distribution in Germany and the worldwide macro-distribution of the 20,000 different products for DIYers and professionals. A particular challenge resulted from special requirements of the DIY sector: the prompt, national and international logistical processing of small parts and large-volume items.
In an area of 90,000 m2, the platform-independent logistics software "ant", developed by SSI SCHAEFER Noell, coordinates and controls the new distribution centre.
- Better responses at peak times
- Increase delivery quality
- Reduce transport costs
- Centralisation of storage, distribution and dispatch for Europe
- High availability of articles
- Reduce warehousing costs and personnel
- Information and consulting
Just give us a call:
+49 (0) 2735 701We are going to help you!
- The project in detail
Our range of products and services:
- Pallet conveying technology
- Carton conveying technology
- Storage and retrieval devices
- High bay warehouse and rack systems
- Warehouse management and control system