Work in Progress
Twister for freestylers
Shipping of sports clothing to Europe, Australia and New Zealand
With its carhartt brand, clothing company Work in Progress GmbH is a household name in the skateboard and BMX scene when it comes to sportswear. To get the trendy brand products to shops and to consumers quickly, WIP built a new logistics centre in Weil am Rhein and concentrated and restructured the storage, order-picking and shipping processes. In the existing building, general contractor SSI SCHAEFER installed a logistics complex of around 18,000 m2 with almost 60,000 storage spaces and an eight-aisle automatic small parts store for cartons and containers. Two storage and retrieval machines (SRM) with efficient Twister V load carrying devices are among other things responsible for doubling throughput up to 1300 units per hour compared to the previous solution. They also faciliate the inbound storage and allocation of pre-picks.
- To replace mainly manual activities with an automated and cost-effective solution
- Replace the satellite warehouses
- Logistics processes restructured and concentrated in one place.
- Doubling of the order lines per day
- Create storage spaces for four different carton sizes and sufficient container storage positions
- Information and consulting
Just give us a call:
+49 (0) 2735 701We are going to help you!
- The project in detail
Our range of products and services:
- Implementation planning
- Racking system
- Storage and retrieval systems (small parts)
- Container/carton conveyor system
- Warehouse management and control system
- Spare parts package and maintenance contract